Saturday, March 26, 2016

Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autographs #37



Welcome back to another weekly TTM success post. Before I get to the successes I wanted to talk a little about sharing addresses. I started this blog to help others interested in our fun and amazing hobby. I also started it to share our autographs and when possible the addresses we used. Sometimes sharing addresses just isn't possible. Sometimes the person who shared it with me asked us not to share ( I understand they put in the work finding it so I respect there wishes) and even sometimes the celebs have asked not to share the address and I dont have a problem with that either and respect their request and privacy. Even if I can't list the address chances are its out there for the ones who want to put a little time and effort into the research. I usually never have a problem sharing addresses I find on the web or other autograph collecting sites, there already out there and easily found. So I was kind of caught of guard when I received an email from a representative of a celeb this week kindly asking me to remove the address I had for the celeb from my blog on an older post because it was causing a hardship for the celeb and they are requesting everyone that's shared it to remove it (I won't name the celeb to insure privacy). I had no problem removing the address they were really polite and told me that I wasn't the one that leaked the address in the first place (the address is still on the major address sites) and there wasn't any hard feelings from the celeb. So I removed it but it got me thinking. Is the sharing of addresses hurting our hobby and causing a hardship on the celebs? I personally say no but 90% of my addresses are usually easily found with a little research and I see the number of views my posts get and our requests are a tiny percent of the huge number of TTM autograph requests they get. As for hardships lol I'm not sure about that. If its so much of a hardship why sign in the first place. If they don't want to sign from an address they shouldn't or kindly sign and maby explain to keep it private IV had that happen. I do understand somewhat on home addresses and them not wanting that out there but guess what chances are if your a celeb people know where you live. IV even seen them put it on the news when celebs buy extravagant properties, and there are websites dedicated to showing you where they live, so you can lurk outside there house, come on now lol. So dont worry as long as i can ill keep sharing with the other true collectors out there and as for us all causing our favorite celebs hardships I wouldn't worry to much most love to hear from the fans, the email just got me thinking anyways on to the weeks successes. Monday brought a cool reply from Stunt man Johnny Hock (some times credited as John Hock). He's worked in alot of amazing films like the original Total Recall and The Blues Brothers but he also did stunt work as Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th part 5. A great addition to our Fri. 13th collection and only took two weeks to return and he even sent an extra signed picture we only sent our DVD cover. Thursday brought another great return from artist/cartoonists Tom Bunk. He has worked on the Wacky Packages and Garbage Pail Kids cards and for Mad Magazine to name a few and just over a week to return. Friday after a nine month wait film director Richard Donner signed our Goonies and Superman DVD covers and perfect timing for the new Batman vs Superman movie that hits theatres the same day. We watched an advanced screening on Thursday Winter and me loved it. So I was super happy (lol super get it) to get the director of my favorite Superman films back. That's it for this week. Ill be back next week with more TTM Autographs and addresses so until then get writing and have a great graphing day. Have a safe and happy Easter.


*
Johnny Hock
33221 Chamizo Calle
Santa Clarita, CA 91390
-
Tom Bunk
1 Argyll Ave.
New Rochelle, NY 10804
-
Richard Donner
The Donner Company
9350 Wilshire Blvd
suite 302
Beverly Hills, CA 90212-3204
-
*




No comments:

Post a Comment